The Bedford we love today wouldn’t exist without the Bedford Historical Society. And the Historical Society can’t exist without members who support it. Join us and help continue our mission of preservation.
It is the mission of the Bedford Historical Society to preserve and promote the buildings, landmarks and artifacts that document the history of Bedford, New York; to increase awareness, understanding and appreciation of the town’s founding and growth; and to strengthen the current and future historic character of the town.
The Bedford Historical Society will:
- Celebrate and cultivate interest in the history of the town of Bedford.
- Identify, document and maintain buildings, monuments and natural landscapes of historical significance to the town.
- Procure, preserve and interpret objects, artifacts, documents and images relating to the natural, literary, artistic and civil history of the Town of Bedford
- Provide access to the buildings and collections for research, education and enjoyment through museums and temporary exhibits, events, educational programs and community initiatives.
- Work in partnership with the Town and local organizations to further the welfare and preservation of the historic character of the community