The Bedford we love today wouldn’t exist without the Bedford Historical Society. And the Historical Society can’t exist without members who support it.
Join us and help continue our mission of preservation.
Your Support Helps With . . .
- The Historical Society owns and/or maintains 10 treasured buildings and landmarks in and around Bedford Village. Some are preserved as museums, while others are rented out to local businesses which contribute to the vitality of the Village.
- To promote interest in local history we offer our highly regarded “Footsteps in the Past” program to students along with lectures and events for the community.
Lectures & Events:
- In an effort to bring unique topical discussion to the community, the Society offers various lectures and events as part of our “Profiles in Preservation” series and our new “History Matters” program.
Archives and Artifact Collections Preservation:
- The Society owns and protects thousands of photographs, drawings, documents and artifacts which promote Bedford’s history.
Newsletters, Publications & Award winning Walking Tour Book and Map:
- Our monthly E-newsletter is a valued source of information for members and our new monthly Bedford Stories features tales from the past which are still relevant today. We have published numerous books about Bedford's history, the burning of Bedford and more which are available in our Museum Gift Shop. Our new full color book, Historic Walking Tour of Bedford Village, gives visitors and residents a chance to take a self guided walk back in time while learning more about the houses in the Village and their owners.
Thank you for your interest and support. Please click here to become a member or renew your membership.